Sweet-tarts of my life

The life we don't always strive for. It's not always about ME

Monday, May 16, 2005

Diabetes & ME

Just when you think your life has settled.....along comes the bombshell!
I was just diagnosed with DIABETES 2!
Am I ANGRY.....Damn right.
First this is NOT from eating.....You don't get diabetes from food. (that remark could have bowled me over)
Diabetes...Whether type 1 or type 2 is inherited......Oh it might skip a generation or so. And;
the older generations probably never even knew they had it.
Probably for me and millions of others we will never see a CURE.
Sounds horrible doesn't it?
Ok...I have to admit that I still see the glass as half full.
My brain is so overwhelmed by all of the information...I feel like I'm swimming in a fog as thick as pea soup.....As for crying...It only makes the crackers soggy.
I find it strange people don't talk about Diabetes..... It's as if there is some kind of taboo with it.
I also found it very weird that it is easier to buy condoms compared to Diabetic supplies.
I understand that pricking yourself to test your blood sugar level isn't a pretty site.
Although, in the last 10 days I've learned to deal with it.
Yeppers you got the time span right....I've only been dealing with this for 10 days.
I now need to make some major life style changes.
First and foremost....I need to learn to put myself first...I'm struggling with this issue.
I'm not a selfish type of person...All my life I've been the one that gives and gives and gives. I don't know how to be the taker.
Only time will tell if I'm able to do all that is needed.
The absolute biggest shocker.....My Doctor wants me to eat> 2200 calories per-day!!!!!!!!!
Are you kidding me.....I'll end up weighing 1000 pounds if I eat that much food.
Oh yeah...Just look at me waddle across the room or...Fatty fatty 2 by 4 can't get through the kitchen door!!!!!!
Who talks of eating disorders? Apparently not my Doctor......lol
Now if I'm still able to sit at my PC in a few days...I might write more.
But for now......Later Gator....tt4n

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home