Sweet-tarts of my life

The life we don't always strive for. It's not always about ME

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Insomnia & what I might miss out on

I don't sleep much!
My max is about 5 hours....And I don't take naps!!
Although, this really isn't anything new to me. It has been like this my entire life.

I wonder if insomnia is/can be/ a genetic trait?
Or is it something learned?
Other than my Dad's side of the family.....And ME...... Everyone I know sleeps many hours longer than I do.

Every time I crawl between the sheets to snooze.....I always tell myself what time I have to rise & shine. Very rarely have I ever had to rely on an alarm clock. I can be up in 1 hour or 5 hours.
It really depends on what is on the agenda for the day.
Am I a planner?
Well, not really....Living in Arizona I do try to plan my day around what the heat-temps are suppose to be....which usually means out the door by 10 am. Especially with 115 degrees!!!!
I have to admit....sometimes my days all run together.
I just try to remember my little *to-do list* and stick to it. (And I do mean *little*)
My motto is>Get it done; so I can come home and dive into the pool to cool off!!!!!!!!!!!
At my age...... time is on my side. I'm getting to the point of asking myself: is it important and does it have to be done RIGHT NOW?

My answer......Yes its always important because you never know if you will get a second chance to get it all done!!!!!
But: never forget get to look in all directions because you might miss out on the best day of your life!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger azkristen9 said…

    I am glad to see that you finally wrote something! Unfortunately I don't think it's genetic...I would love to be able to function on just a few hours of sleep.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    "But: never forget get to look in all directions because you might miss out on the best day of your life!!!! "--love that!! true words to live by!! Sometimes, I wish I had insomnia so I had more free time to get stuff done!! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home